For this stop, we arrived at Race Course Road. This road is part of the perimeter of the old Race Course (now Farrer Park) and was opened in 1843. Organized horse-racing began in Singapore in 1843 at the Farrer Park Race Course. There by earning its name 'Race Course'.Horse-racing events popular with the Europeans were held here until it was closed in 1935 and was later moved to Bukit Timah race course. The area was then used for mainly sporting activities.
The roads nearby race course road are names of English man as it was a place for their leisure and entertainment. Yet, Hindu temples can be found as these Indian men were working for the farms of the English social elites.